This means you can apply for both public and community housing at the same time
The register has two categories:
- Priority Access: this is for people:
- Who are homeless and receiving support
- Are escaping or have escaped family violence
- With a disability or significant support needs
- With special housing needs.
- Register of Interest: this is for all eligible applicants to register their interest in social housing.
Victorian Housing Register and transfer list by local area
The Victorian Housing Register and transfer list by local area is updated every three months. It shows how many people are waiting to move and transfer to a social housing property.
- Victorian Housing Register and transfer list by local area – June 2020 (XLS)
- Victorian Housing Register and transfer list by local area – March 2020 (XLS)
If you are on the waiting list and have found suitable housing, let us know as soon as possible by contacting your local housing office.
Wait times will depend on your circumstances.
Things that affect the length of time you may wait include:
- The preferred location that you have chosen
- The number of applications already on the register
- People who have demonstrated a housing need under one of the Priority Access categories
- The number of homes in demand in a given area and how often properties become vacant
- If you have special location requirements or need a particular type of property (for example, one with modifications), it may take longer.