Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
There are a number of services for renters who need support or financial help.

Crisis and emergency accommodation

If you need to move out of your home urgently, you can get help from your nearest your nearest crisis centre.

The crisis and emergency accommodation page has more information about the support offered and a list of other organisations that might be able to help.

Interpreter services

If you speak a language other than English or have difficulty reading written information, you can get help over the telephone. To find out more, see Interpreter services.

Support for older people to stay at home

There are services available to help older people stay in their home and get involved in community life. For more information, see Support for older people.