Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.

Use our online form

Use our online form to contact a housing office.

If you would like to submit supporting documentation for your housing service, you can email it to your local housing office.

Call us

You can contact your local office during business hours.

Our offices

We have offices across Victoria to get you the right help, as quickly as possible. Find your local office.

Make an appointment

If you are unable to access information through our online services and wish to see a housing officer, you can request an appointment using the housing office contact form.

Alternatively you may call your housing office.

Our departmental website has information about your local office, including office addresses, maps, contact details and accessibility information.

Write to us

For general enquiries, you can write to us at:

Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne  VIC  3000

Your local office can help you with more specific questions about our services.

Deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired

If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, have a speech or communication difficulty, you can contact us by by using your preferred National Relay Service call channel.

TTY users

Please phone 133 677, then ask for 1300 475 170.

Speak and listen users

Please phone 1300 555 727, then ask for 1300 475 170.

For more information about the National Relay Service, visit:

Help with public housing maintenance

If you need any maintenance or repairs, contact the Housing Call Centre on 13 11 72.

If you speak a language other than English, the Public Housing Language Link can connect you to the housing call centre with an interpreter. For more information, see Interpreter services.

If you have a non-urgent repair (see Repair times to find out more), you can fill in the Report non-urgent repairs online form.

Contact a community housing organisation

For a list of community housing organisations and their contact details, go to the Housing Registrar website.

Give feedback

If you want to give us feedback, contact your local office.

If you are not happy with the service you have received from us, start by talking to the people who managed your service request or application. Sometimes the problem can be resolved just by talking about it. See Feedback, complaints and appeals for more information.

If you have feedback about the website or see a mistake, please use the "Was this page useful?" form at the bottom of the page. If you use the form and need a reply, please include an email address.