Most of your rights and responsibilities are legal requirements of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
Your tenancy agreement is one of the documents you signed before you moved in. It is in the information kit that also has information on fire safety, getting along with neighbours and what to do if you are going to be away from your home.
Our responsibilities as landlord include:
- Making sure the property is vacant and reasonably clean on the date you move in
- Keeping the property in good repair
Your responsibilities as a public housing tenant include:
- Making sure you do not damage the property and that you tell us about any damage
- Making sure you keep the property reasonably clean
- Not using the property for an illegal purpose
- Not transferring your tenancy to someone else without our permission
- Not allowing another person to move into the property without our permission
- Not creating, or allowing your visitors to create, a nuisance.