Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
At the end of your tenancy, your landlord or agent will apply to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority for the bond money to be repaid to us.

If the bond is returned in full, you won't have anything else to pay.

If your landlord keeps some of the bond, you will need to repay your remaining share of the loan.

Contact your local housing office (the office you received the bond loan from). They can confirm the amount you owe and advise you how to repay the loan.

Disputes over unpaid rent or damage

Any disputes between you and your landlord over unpaid rent or damages may be settled by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

VCAT is an independent tribunal (like a court). It decides disputes between landlords and tenants. Find more information on residential tenancies disputes, see Renting a home on the VCAT's website.