The VPTA provides a free telephone advice service from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (excluding public holidays). The advice service offers help with:
- Communicating with your local Housing Office
- Assistance with maintenance requests
- Understanding letters and forms from the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing;
- Understanding your rights as a renter, as well as responsibilities that you have, and the Department has
- Understanding Departmental policies and procedures
- Advice about rent calculations, rebates and arrears
- Advice about neighbourhood disputes
- Referrals to other services (where they cannot assist)
- Advice about applications for housing
The VPTA does not provide legal advice.
Visit the VPTA website.