Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
Concessions are available to help with the costs of living, training and education.

Essential services and other concessions

Concessions are available to low income Victorians having difficulty paying their council rates, water, gas and electricity bills. There are other concessions you might be eligible for, like medical cooling and utility relief.

To find out what you may be eligible for, try the concessions eligibility calculator on our Services website.

You can also contact the Concessions Information line:
Ph: 1800 658 521 (free call)
Email Concessions Information.

Training and further education concessions

Government funded training and further education concessions.

Victorian Training Guarantee

Under the Victorian Training Guarantee, places are available to help eligible people gain new skills, upgrade existing skills or improve their employment prospects.

More information on the Victorian Training Guarantee, including training options and how to apply, is on the Department of Education & Training's website.

Help with fees

Training providers set tuition fees at a level that they believe the quality, cost and reputation of their training warrants. You should shop around for a course and price that is right for you.

Concession card holders, their dependants and veteran gold card holders enrolling in qualifications up to Certificate IV level pay only 20 per cent of the standard course fee. Students studying a diploma qualification or above may also get financial help through the Australian Government’s VET FEE-HELP scheme.

For more information, visit the Study Assist website.

Public renter training assistance

Public housing renters can apply for help paying enrolment fees at the concession rate through the Public Tenant Employment Program.

Am I eligible?

You need to:

  • Live in public housing or transitional housing
  • Hold a concession or health care card.


Read more about the Public Tenant Employment Program.

Ph: 1800 451 553 (free call)
Email the employment program.