Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
If you cause damage to your home you may need to pay for the repair costs.

As a tenant, you must look after your home and do small routine repairs like:

  • Replacing light globes
  • Testing smoke alarms
  • Pest control
  • Looking after your garden
  • General cleaning.

If there is a reason why you cannot do these things (for health reasons or due to a disability), contact your local housing office.

We are not able to arrange repairs for your personal items like your television, fridge or washing machine.

We will pay repair costs caused by accident or from normal wear and tear.

You must pay repair costs for damage caused by neglect or intentional damage by your household members and visitors. If you do not, we may take action to make a claim on these repairs.