Victoria's high-rise public housing tenants at greatest risk during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic can move to a private rental property as part the government’s new $31.7 million Tower Relocation Program.
Relocation is voluntary. Large households at greater risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission, or residents with health conditions can choose to move to a private rental property for a two-year period.
Up to 420 private rental properties will be available for lease for two years.
Tenants who relocate still have access to long-term housing and other options on the Victorian Housing Register.
This is initiative is supported by Chief Health Officer as an additional preventative measure to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). It forms part of other specific accommodation options and health support for tenants.
Other support and resources for public housing tenants
- For support, call 1800 961 054 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) – if you need an interpreter, first call 131 450.
- To speak with a mental health professional, call 1300 874 243 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) – if you need a translator, first call 131 450.
- For more coronavirus (COVID-19) information in other languages, please see Translated resources.
- For general housing enquiries, please call your local housing office.
- For public housing maintenance, please call the Housing Call Centre on 13 11 72.
- Register for and access HousingVic online services.