Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
The following organisations are experts in property matters and are there to help you. They also provide specialist advice, support services and information for home owners and buyers.

The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria can help to resolve issues with household members or your neighbours. There is also support from family relationship experts that can help with family matters in the home.

We also have information about financial help for home owners, including free financial advice through government and not-for-profit services.

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria's website can answer all your questions about buying a property. It has information that will to help you understand the costs involved, as well as your legal obligations and more about private sales and auctions. It also has handy tools like checklists and videos.

Legal and dispute advice

Victoria Legal Aid

Victoria Legal Aid provides free legal advice and services. Some services are available to everyone while other services are only for eligible people.

For help or more information:

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) decides disputes about domestic building, joint property and water; owners corporations; and land valuations.

You can find out more on VCAT's disputes page.

Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria

The centre provides a free service that helps people sort out their problems. It deals with lots of issues including fencing problems, trees, animals, noise, children and other neighbourhood disputes.

The disputing people meet with two independent mediators. They discuss the issues, think about solutions and decide on an outcome that everyone agrees with.

For help or more information:

Family relationship support

Family Relationships Online has information to help with family issues – from building better relationships to dispute resolution. You can find out about what services are available to help you. There is also a list of Family Relationship Centres where you can get advice and information – use your postcode to find one near you.

You can also call the Family Relationship Advice Line:

  • Phone: 1800 050 321 (free call)
  • Hours: 
    • Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm 
    • Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm
  • Closed on Australian public holidays.