Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
You can give us feedback and complain about a service you have received.


If you want to give us feedback, please contact your local housing office.

If you are not happy with the service you have received from us, start by talking to the people who managed your service request or application. Sometimes the problem can be resolved just by talking about it.

If you are still not satisfied, you can lodge a complaint or an appeal.

If you have feedback about the website or see a mistake, please use the "Was this page useful?" form at the bottom of the page or email us. If you use the form and need a reply, please include an email address.


To complain about the service you have received from:

  • Us see our departmental website to find out about making a complaint and what we will do to resolve it.
  • A community housing organisation, housing association or housing provider: you need to contact them directly. If you are not happy with their response, find out how to lodge a complaint with the Housing Registrar on their website.

We also have advice if you are having a problem with a neighbour.