The properties are rented to people who are eligible and registered for the scheme.
Am I eligible to rent an NRAS property?
To be eligible you:
- Need to give written evidence of your gross income. You need to do this when you first apply and then every year after to the tenancy manager
- Must not exceed the income limits for your 'household composition'
You can find the income limits in 'Information for Renters' factsheet on the Commonwealth Department of Social Services' NRAS information for renters page.
Some properties may have extra eligibility requirements – check directly with the NRAS tenancy manager you want to register with.
Where can I live?
There are properties in most metropolitan areas and some regional towns in Victoria.
To find a tenancy manager with properties where you want to live, see the Commonwealth Department of Social Services' list of NRAS tenancy managers.
How do I register for the NRAS?
Contact the tenancy manager directly to register your interest – we can't take applications:
- Go to the Commonwealth Department of Social Services' NRAS information for renters page and check if you are eligible for the NRAS
- Select a tenancy manager with properties where you want to live
- Register your interest directly with the tenancy manager.
Where can I get more information?
See the Commonwealth Department of Social Services' website for more information about the NRAS.
If you have more questions, the National Rental Affordability Scheme help desk may be able to help: