Feedback, complaints and appeals

Last updated: 8 September 2017

You can give us feedback, complain about a service you have received and have many decisions reviewed and appealed.


If you want to give us feedback, please contact your local housing office.

If you are not happy with the service you have received from us, start by talking to the people who managed your service request or application. Sometimes the problem can be resolved just by talking about it.

If you are still not satisfied, you can lodge a complaint or an appeal.

If you have feedback about the website or see a mistake, please use the "Was this page useful?" form at the bottom of the page or email us. If you use the form and need a reply, please include an email address.


To complain about the service you have received from:

  • Us: see our departmental website to find out about making a complaint and what we will do to resolve it.
  • A community housing organisation, housing association or housing provider: you need to contact them directly. If you are not happy with their response, find out how to lodge a complaint with the Housing Registrar on their website.

We also have advice if you are having a problem with a neighbour.


Many decisions can be reviewed by lodging an appeal.

This is a formal process. It checks if we have made the right decision on something that is our responsibility.

To find out about how to make an appeal, choose what your appeal is about:

  • Social and public housing decisions including: eligibility, allocations, car parking, movable units, special maintenance, rental rebates and bond loans
  • A supported application for public housing
  • A mortgage relief or home renovation loan application
  • An existing loan where you don't agree with a decision made about the administration of your loan
  • A community housing organisation, housing association or housing provider decision. These organisations are responsible for reviews or appeals from a decision they have made. They have two levels of appeals:
    • An internal review by the relevant provider
    • An external review by the Housing Registrar.
    You need to contact them directly for more information and to lodge your appeal.
Was this page useful?

Back to top