Crisis and emergency accommodation

Last updated: 20 June 2018

Short-term housing managed by not-for-profit organisations.

It includes women’s refuges, youth refuges and major crisis supported accommodation services.

These not-for-profit organisations may also help you to find or keep long-term housing, get involved in the community and re-build your life. If you are homeless, you could also get help to get into private rental.

Statewide services

Statewide After Hours Service:

  • Phone: 1800 825 955 (free call) or (03) 9536 7777
  • Hours: 5 pm to 9 am, Monday to Friday and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays

Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre for women and children:

  • Phone: 1800 015 188 (free call) or (03) 9322 3555
  • Hours: 24 hours

Local services

Find the contact details for homelessness support organisations near you on the DHHS Services' Getting help page.

More help

If you are experiencing family violence, homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, these crisis and emergency contacts can help.

Call 1800 825 955 (free call) at any time or call 000 if you are in danger right now.

Find other services that can help, including mental health, youth and relationship services.

Was this page useful?

Back to top