Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
Jobs Victoria can help you find work.

Young people

People aged between 15 and 24 years old can get paid work experience from the Victorian Government while they study for a qualification.

The Youth Employment Scheme (YES) is a one-year paid traineeship in the Victorian Public Service.

The Youth Cadetship Scheme gives eligible YES graduates entry-level jobs in Victorian government departments. At the same time, cadets study a Certificate IV in Government.

Find out more about employment and cadetships for young people on the Jobs Victoria website, including

  • What it's like to be a YES trainee
  • Who is eligible and
  • How to apply.

Retrenched people

Jobs Victoria can help people who have just been retrenched or are about to be retrenched.

You can get help to retrain or use the free support services to improve your chances of finding work.

The Jobs Victoria website has more information on support for retrenched workers, including:

  • Support for workers affected by the Hazlewood power station closure
  • Support for auto workers through a skills and job centre

You can also get help from Work and learning centres.

Work and learning centres

There are 5 work and learning centres.

Work and learning centres offer help with training, job hunting and advice.

Work and learning advisors will work with you to make a plan to help you find a job, taking into account your skills and experience.

The centres can give you training and even opportunities for work experience. They can also give you support once you've started a new job.

Find your closest work and learning centre on the Brotherhood of St Lawrence website.

Get help from Jobs Victoria

To get help from Jobs Victoria, contact your local Jobs Victoria Partner.

Jobs Victoria partners are available throughout Victoria.

Find a Jobs Victoria Partner near you.

If you have a question about Jobs Victoria or want advice, contact Jobs Victoria using their online contact form.