The $2.6 billion Homes for Victorians plan will increase and renew public housing and address homelessness.
The plan includes:
- $1 billion Social Housing Growth Fund to increase the supply of social and affordable housing
- $1.1 billion in financial support for the social housing sector
- Increased housing support for survivors of family violence through the $152 milion Family Violence Housing Blitz
- An extra 913 social housing dwellings through the $120 million Social Housing Pipeline
- $109 million to help move homeless Victorians into stable housing
- $185 million Public Housing Renewal Program
- $33 million to help 4,000 Victorians get a private rental home.
The Homes for Victorians plan should result in:
- Around 6,000 new social housing homes
- About 2,500 existing public housing residences renewed
- Help for 19,000 people who are homeless or at the risk of being homeless.
More information on the plan is on the Homes for Victorians website.