Need urgent housing?
If you are in immediate danger Call 000.
Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.
Are you escaping family violence?
Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
Support available for residents on public housing estates which have been declared Tier 1 or Tier 2 exposure sites.

The Victorian Government is committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of all residents at during this latest coronavirus outbreak. We are working hard to keep you and your loved ones safe.

We will make sure that testing, cleaning, food and any other help required is available for residents. We are working with residents, community organisations, local support groups and community and faith leaders to build strong partnerships and act on your feedback.

Our support team has been undertaking door to door visits. Our support team can deliver any specific supports you require at your door. Additionally, door-to-door visits from our support team will allow residents to ask for any specific support they require during this time.

Call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. If you need to speak to someone in another language, press zero (0) when connected.

How will residents who need to isolate or quarantine be supported during this outbreak?

We will make sure you have the help you need if you need to isolate or quarantine safely, including:

  • food delivered that meets your dietary or cultural requirements
  • delivery of essential supplies, like medicine
  • access to financial and personal support to help you while you isolate
  • support if you need to move to different accommodation to isolate
  • support to get any documentation you may need to provide your work, school or other places
  • mental health and wellbeing support
  • community and translation support.

Financial support

Financial support is available if you have to isolate:

Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment

If you test positive for COVID-19 and are worried you will lose income while isolating, you may be eligible for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment. This payment provides financial support while you are quarantining at home as instructed by the Department of Health.

The Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is also available for eligible close contacts of cases who are quarantining. This aims to relieve the financial burden for some individuals and families who are without an income during this period.

What if I have COVID-19 or I need to self-isolate because I am a close contact but can’t stay at home?

Emergency accommodation is available to people in Victoria who need support to quarantine or isolate safely because they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are a close contact.

Accommodation is available to people who cannot quarantine or isolate safely because they use shared facilities or may have safety, wellbeing or other health issues.

People needing help to quarantine may be supported so they can keep accessing their regular health and wellbeing services while isolating or quarantining safely in familiar surroundings.

For more information call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 - open 24 hours, 7 days. If you need an interpreter, please press zero (0) when you call the hotline.

Food and essential items support

This support is available but only for the most vulnerable and in need. Please read the following information carefully to establish your eligibility for food and essential items support before calling the Coronavirus hotline.

Food and essential items are only supplied to people who are in self-quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are a household contact or presumed to have COVID-19 but are unable to access a PCR or rapid antigen test.

We’re asking people if you have provisions at home or can buy what you need with an online shopping delivery, or if you have friends, family or neighbours who can assist you with meals or to do some grocery shopping for your 7 day self-isolation or quarantine period – then please use those means. Prioritisation for food relief will be for those people who don’t have those options and will be considered eligible for relief. If you are not eligible but still require support, please refer to the other options outlined below.

If you have no other means of supporting yourself through friends and family or online grocery shopping and need additional support, basic food items may be provided to you through an Emergency Relief Package.

Call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. If you need to speak to someone in another language, press zero (0) when connected.

What if I need medical attention?

If you are feeling unwell, please call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. If you need to speak to someone in another language, press zero (0) when connected.

When you call this phone number you will talk to a doctor or nurse who can give you advice. They can also organise a face-to-face appointment if you need one.

If you have a medical emergency, ring Triple Zero (000) and ask for an ambulance.

How can I access medications, alcohol and other drugs services?

If you need access to alcohol and other drug services and already have a service provider, you can contact them directly.

If you need more support, like getting medication, or are worried about you or family member, call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. If you need to speak to someone in another language, press zero (0) when connected.

What if I or a member of my family need extra help due to a disability?

If you or your family member is an NDIS participant and have a support coordinator, you should contact them to talk about what essential disability support you require. If you are an NDIS participant and do not have a a support coordinator you contact NDIS on 1800 800 110.

If you need disability support and are not an NDIS participant, please call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. If you need to speak to someone in another language, press zero (0) when connected.

Disability support staff like personal carers should only enter your home if it absolutely essential. It is strongly recommended that support staff entering residences of primary close contacts are fully vaccinated.

Essential support staff should wear tier 3 Personal Protective Equipment.

I am worried about my safety

If anyone in your home does something that makes you or your children feel unsafe or afraid, you can get help. You will not be forced to stay at home. Support is available, in your own language, whatever your situation. 

If you have a family violence support worker, contact them in the first place. 

You can call the Housing Call centre on 1800 961 054 or tell health or support staff, or a police officer. They will help you.

You can also get specialist help from safe steps, 24 hours every day, on 1800 015 188 or online at Safe Steps.

The Orange Door is a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children. 

In an emergency call the police on Triple Zero (000).

Will Victoria Police be on site in this outbreak response?

Victoria Police is not managing the outbreak response on public housing estates. Victoria Police is not part of the team supporting residents.

You may see Victoria Police officers on or around the estate as part of other operational responses that aim to keep residents and the wider community safe.

How do I look after my pet?

If you need help with your pet call the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398, press 0 if you need an interpreter. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What if I am feeling anxious or am worried about my mental health or the mental health of a family member?

If you’re having a difficult time or are feeling overwhelmed, you can see these resources or call 1300 375 330 to get support through your local Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub. In an emergency where there is immediate risk of harm to a person, call Triple Zero (000). For 24-hour crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.

Community support services

The following services are available if you require other help:

  • Maternal Child Health Line: 13 22 29 – advice about the care and health of children
  • Parent Line: 13 22 89 – phone service for parents and carers of children.
  • Family services: 1300 650 172, – safety and support for vulnerable children, young people and their families
  • My Aged Care: 1800 200 422, myagedcare  – access to aged care services
  • National Disability Insurance Scheme: 1800 800 110, NDIS – if you have a disability
  • In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000).

Support coordination for people with complex needs

  • Call the Integrated Intake Assessment and Triage Service (IIATS) on 1800 365 100
  • Email IIATS

Case management recovery support for multicultural families

  • Call the Family Recovery Program on (03) 9448 6845
  • Email the Family Recovery Program 

Mental health support – Lifeline Australia

  • Call Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14
  • For an interpreter, call TIS National on 131 450
    • Say your language
    • Say Lifeline 13 11 14

More information

For more information call the 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit coronavirus website

Visit the coronavirus website for more information on COVIDSafe settings.

Visit the coronavirus website for more information on COVID-19 vaccines and where to get vaccinated.

Visit the coronavirus website for more information on Rapid Antigen Tests.