Homes Victoria is seeking the views and opinions of residents living in public housing. The survey will ask residents what they think about their home, their feelings of safety and security, connection to their neighbourhood and community diversity. The survey is the largest survey of public housing residents in the country.
Homes Victoria has engaged Roy Morgan, an Australian research company who conduct surveys across the country, to undertake the survey on its behalf.
It is increasingly clear that better engagement, involvement and participation of public housing residents is not a nice-to-have – it is core business of Homes Victoria.
The survey findings will be used to plan better services and to work with residents to improve issues that are most important to them and their community.
To find out more about the survey, you can access the Public housing resident survey 2022 information (Word) and the Public housing resident survey 2022 frequently asked questions (Word).
Frequently asked questions about the survey are available in the following four translated languages:
- Frequently asked questions - Arabic (Word)
- Frequently asked questions - Arabic (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions - Simplified Chinese (Word)
- Frequently asked questions - Simplified Chinese (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions - Somali (Word)
- Frequently asked questions - Somali (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions - Vietnamese (Word)
- Frequently asked questions - Vietnamese (PDF).
If you've got a question about the survey, please email email@example.com.
The survey will end in April 2022.
Survey results will be published on the Homes Victoria website later in the year.
In 2020, we heard from 3,506 residents through our survey. You can see the results on the 2020 Victorian public housing resident survey page on this site.