Home renovation service for owners

Last updated: 16 December 2015

Our Home Renovation Service is a program that helps eligible people stay living independently in their home.

The service looks at how your home can be maintained and modified to make your life easier and safer.

You can then arrange work, like:

  • Health and safety modifications: stepless showers; alter bench heights; build ramps; widen doorways
  • Personal safety modifications: safer paths and floors; fences and gates; smoke detectors; security lights
  • Internal maintenance: wall and floor tiling; wet area floors; painting; replace heaters
  • General maintenance: electrical rewiring; replace hot water services; restumping; renew wall or roof cladding.

You may also be eligible for a home renovation loan to help pay for the work you need.

Am I eligible for the Home Renovation Service?

You are eligible if you are a Victorian home owner, have any of the following:

  • Current Commonwealth Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Card

and are either:

  • Over 60 years of age
  • Living with a disability and in receipt of a disability support payment
  • Permanently caring for someone with a disability.

If you are eligible and need a loan to pay for the work you can apply for a home renovation loan.

How do the inspections work?

Inspections are usually done within seven days from when you book.

A report of suggested changes and how much they will cost will be sent to you 10 to 15 days after the inspection.

You can use this information to get and compare quotes from contractors.

You choose which work you want done and how to pay for it.

How do I arrange an inspection?

The inspections are done by qualified architects from Archicentre Home Services.

To make a booking, call (03) 9815 1900 or 1300 136 513. You can also email Archicentre to find out more.

Was this page useful?

Back to top