Flemington renewal program
We are working with the Moonee Valley City Council to renew the Flemington housing estate and surrounding Debneys Park Precinct.
Rundown walk-up buildings on the Flemington estate will be replaced with new homes.
The Flemington estate has walk up buildings that cost a lot to maintain.
The Holland Court site in Flemington has multi-storey 'walk-ups' – buildings without lifts – making them inaccessible to people with mobility issues, families with small children, and older Victorians.
The renewed estate will have:
- More social housing
- A mix of social and private housing
- New accessible homes that suit older residents, people with disabilities, and families
- A range of housing sizes
- New retail and community spaces.
The new homes
The new homes will be:
- Built to modern standards
- Accessible for all
- Sustainable homes that are cheaper to cool and heat
- Better suited to the ongoing needs of Victorians.
For information about this project in languages other than English, visit the Flemington Renewal Project - language translations page on our human services website.
Residents living on the estate will be asked to move while the work happens. This shouldn’t start until late 2017.
You can choose to:
- Move permanently
- Return if the new housing suits your needs.
We will pay your moving and utility connection costs.
The project is made up of two stages:
- Stage one: 22 walk-up buildings replaced with new and accessible housing
- Stage two: Debneys Park upgrades for more open space, and sports and recreation.
We’re talking to residents, neighbours, communities and stakeholders about the best way to renew these estates and make them great places to live.
Your ideas will help us create vibrant, safe and thriving communities.
You can share your ideas:
- By emailing Flemington Renewal
- By phone: 13 11 72
- At a public consultation.
There are three phases of public consultations at the estate:
- October 2016: Phase one - 150 people took part
- February 2017: Phase two
- June 2017: Phase three.